Prior to our founder, Marilyn Newman, first shaping the structure of Hypnotherapy Training Australia in 2009, there were many, many years of revitalising and meaningful practice.
Marilyn had a clear vision, and that was to provide heartfelt and positive, transformational pathways to the world with Clinical Hypnotic Science being the base foundation. In the duration of her career as a Professional Hypnotherapist, Marilyn’s astounding sensitivity and her wisdom and passion for her craft, lead her to transcend traditional practice to then go onto forming her own one-of-a-kind, empirical practice.
After Marilyn’s passing in September of 2016, her daughter Kaz Field Anderson…already a Therapist for almost 30 years and whom worked with her Mother Marilyn at HTA, then followed in her mother’s footsteps and took on the role of Director of Training at HTA.
Kaz is a strong, powerful woman with a kind heart and a gentle soul. She started with an eagerness to create her own pathways with a sprinkle or ten of her kindred spirit, to make training at HTA a unique, special, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity… and that she did. Not only was Kaz dedicated to carrying on her mother’s legacy, she has spent many years dedicated to turning the training offered at HTA into something the world of Hypnotherapy has never seen before.
To honour her mother’s extraordinary life, dedication and decades of hard work, Kaz set out to faithfully record and encapsulate Marilyn’s knowledge, techniques and her soul into what’s known as “The Marilyn Newman Method” today. In addition to her mother’s method, Kaz enhanced the training even further bringing heart-based Trauma Training for PTSD, Anxiety and Depression and Resource Therapy to the table. Resource Therapy (aka Parts Therapy), is to allow the ‘broken part’ to receive support, nurturing, and to allow it to take a rest from holding the lead role in the conscious, and bring a stronger, more capable part into the conscious to steer the ship.
So, what makes Hypnotherapy Training Australia stand out from all other training facilities?
– We’ve made all of our units observation and experience-based, to make our training the most thorough, heart-based and trauma-informed training you can find.
– Our course is set at a much lower price, to ensure our training is accessible to all. After all, our first and main responsibility is to help humanity!
– Our training is completely experiential, so you get to learn whilst unpacking your own baggage in a sacred, safe space created in our Virtual Classes, coming out the other side transformed and as a whole new you!
The major benefit of training in this way is 3 fold:
1. We cannot take our clients further than we have gone ourselves.
2. By working on ourselves through our many modules, we truly embody the practice. We believe hands-on learning is best, and this way you really ‘get it’.
3. You disarm any possible triggers you may have, so your future clients cannot push those buttons.
This method is what we are proud to offer to both individuals seeking personal development, Psychologists, Counsellors & those who work in Mental Health looking to up-skill with Trauma Training and professionals seeking a career in Clinical Hypnotic Sciences.